I got a message telling me my computer was ar risk and to…

Customer Question
I got a message...

I got a message telling me my computer was ar risk and to call this number.(###) ###-#### I did and now they are having a outside company fix the problem. I Tech Services. At 1(###) ###-####and charging me 149.99. Is this a scam?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?

I have a hp laptop

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?

My computer now has a blank screen. I tech services took it over remotely.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Computer
7/28/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

You are being scammed.

https://reportscam.com/webtechsolutions247com/

Call your credit card company immediately and reverse those charges.

Then we are going to try to reset your pc before they got in it. You need to do this as soon as you possibly

can. I will help you with it but i need to know your system details first to give you steps to recovery. We are going to

see if you have any restore points or can get to it.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 ?