Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I want to protect my computer from hackers. Can I deny

Customer Question

Hello! I want to protect my computer from hackers. Can I deny access to anyone by the use of a password?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: HP slim line desk top.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am concerned about my online banking info.
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. Please give me a moment to review your question.

Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Could you please provide the following details so that I can understand the issue you are facing more clearly

Which version of windows is installed in the PC.Is it Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 ?

Which antivirus is installed in the computer ?

Are you using a login password ***** access your computer and does anyone else used your computer?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Windows 7, I don't know which antivirus is installed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, I'm looking for information only.
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for replying back to me.

Do you know any of the following antivirus Norton,Kaspersky,Mcafee,Avast installed in the computer ?

Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

If you are referring to secure remote assistance offer it's a automated message send by the site its optional so you can ignore it and continue in this chat page.

Please answer my above questions.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I answered no. Am I charged for every answer?
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

I believe you didn't see my above reply regarding the secure remote assistance message.Secure remote assistance offer it's a automated message send by the site its optional so you can ignore it and continue in this chat page.

Please answer my above questions.

Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

The amount you deposited for this question that is all you will be charged nothing else.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't want to pay for direct answers. I think you can give instructions verbally
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What are my charges so far?
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

I am not sure what you meant by direct answers?

We can continue chatting using this page with the amount you deposited for this question.you do not need to take the secure remote assistance offer you can ignore and continue in this chat page.I believe the total amount is 47$.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't want to be unreasonable. I would agree to the minimum amount of $5. I don't think you have told me anything. I would not be satisfied with any greater charge. Please let me know what is fair.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am not getting any response from you. If you overcharge I will not be satisfied and will dispute. OK?
Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

The 5$ is a good faith amount you deposit when you start posting the question.The 47$ is the total including the 5$.Since you do not wish to pay the deposited amount i suggest you please contact customer care.

Expert:  John replied 2 months ago.

To contact customer care please use this link : - http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Sincerely,