Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a LG K8 and my daughter put a screen lock on it and

Customer Question

I have a LG K8 and my daughter put a screen lock on it and now I can't access mhy own phone
JA: When were you last able to use your K8?
Customer: Last night about 10
JA: Do you have a Google account linked to the phone?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

If you enter the code incorrectly 10 times, does it ask you to enter in the password ***** your Gmail account?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Even though I know this will probably annoy you and result in me getting a bad rating... the ONLY way to remove the pin is to reset the phone, which results in the data being removed from it. Its the whole point to the Pin, its there to protect the data. If you could bypass it, then there would be no point to the pin.

If you wish as a small amount of customers do, you can rate me bad, get upset by my message and spend a lot of time trying to get around it, but you will only end up with the realisation you have to reset the Note, it is the only way.

Then when you have concluded this yourself, this is the process you do.

Start by switching off your cell phone by holding the Power rocker for a short while

Next, hold down the Volume Down and Power button together until the LG logo appears on the screen.

When the LG logo is displayed, let go of the Power key, keep pressing the Volume Down and then press once more the Power button.

After that you should see the factory reset menu on your screen.

You should confirm process by choosing appropriate options. Use the Volume rockers to navigate and the Power button to confirm.

You have to wait to complete the operation.

The factory reset has just been completed.

The device will restart.

You can then set it up again.

I then advise you install the app Dropbox on your phone as this will then backup your photos, films and files online so you can avoid losing this in the future.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the power button is on the back and there isn't an exterior volume control
Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

It is also on the back, this guide will show you how

http://www.hardreset.info/devices/lg/lg-k8-4g-k350n/

Expert:  Richard replied 2 months ago.

How did you go with the steps?