Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Technician
62741268

Fitbit does not charge or change menus. Displayed is a

Customer Question

Fitbit does not charge or change menus. Displayed is a long cylinder half filled and half unfilled. Please advise
JA: What fitbill model do you have?
Customer: how do i know?
JA: The Fitness Equipment Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your fitbill? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just started
JA: Anything else you want the equipment expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 2 months ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

Try this please.
Plug your charging cable into your computer.
Plug your Flex into the charging cable.
Insert a paperclip into the small pinhole on the back of the charger. NOTE: if your model does not have the pinhole follow the steps below....
Hold down the paperclip for 3-5 seconds.
Unplug the Fitbit from the charging cable.
Then check for normal operation please.

.

Instructions for models without pinhole...

1. Plug your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clasp the other end of the cable to the port on the back of your Alta. Alta will begin charging.
  3. Press the button on your charging cable three times within eight seconds, briefly pausing between presses. The button is on the end of the charging cable that is plugged into your computer.
  4. Eight seconds after the first button press, you'll see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This means Alta is restarting.
  5. After you see the logo you can unplug your tracker from the charging cable.