Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Last night my wife was on the computer and a screen came up

Customer Question

Hello Andy,
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Last night my wife was on the computer and a screen came up from Microsoft saying my computer had been hacked by porn. Our screen was locked up and there was a 1-800 number to call. Do you have the capability to lock up.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I updated a technical app that cleans a computer, on Monday.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This has happened before, and the computer had to shut down, and potential viruses clean and adware cleaned of. I made a mistake earlier this year and called the 800 number and Indian gentlemen answered and wanted to take over the computer in order to fix the problem. I immediately shut the system down.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 2 months ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a tech expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

This is a ongoing scam unfortunately. I have had many customers that have been affected by this. Where exactly did you get that message, was it during surfing the web?

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Going to a site that EXPLAINS HOW A MOVIE STAR DID HER HAIR.

It totally understand, so this was a malicious ad/pop-up. May I remotely connect to your computer, so that I can verify that the infection is completely gone and that there are no other infections? It is a very safe option too because we are an A+ accredited business with the Better Business Bureau. Additionally, you will be watching your screen, and we will chat there as well so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.