Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  CISCO certified, Microsoft proficient, computing expert.
30970729

My MagicJack is off and I can't get it back on. HELP!!!!!

Customer Question

JA: What's the make and model of your computer? And how long have you been using magicJack?
Customer: Using MJ for about 10 years. Computer is HP and is about 7 years old -- Maybe less.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I don't think so. Maybe Windows ten updated something. My son who used to help me died in October. I am not good at lots of this. I am 82.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

You will need to check first in Device Manager on your computer and see if the MagicJack is still recognized there.

If it is not, the recent updates may have upset it. You can do the updates by following these points:

1. Click the Start button, then click Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools, and then click System Restore.
2. If you are prompted for an administrator password ***** confirmation, enter the password ***** provide confirmation.
3. Click the Restore My Computer To An Earlier Time radio button and click Next.
4. Now on the calendar that appears select the restore point that is at or before the date the issue first occurred and click Next.
5. Click Next again to start the restore process which will include a reboot.