Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My troubles started when i succumbed to a message from

Customer Question

My troubles started when i succumbed to a message from google saying I am missing out if I don't change to new format foe email addresses. Google got me to get another email address and then after that my other email adresses were there any more. I would sign out of my main email and the others would show up for me to enter . Google keeps my passwords and then wasn't letting me in. Took to a tech who used mozilla to
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: I don't have any difficulty in getting into my main address but I am terrified of losing that one aswell. Since google keeps my passwords, I didn't think I had to worry about them anymore. Google decided not t accept the the passwords it keeps for me
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I haven't no.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Took it to a tech and after transfering me to mozilla he had to go. I couldn't back to me for days. Took it in gtoday and he said he can't help me because I have forgotton the passwords. I have always asked Google to keep my passwords, thinking this is a full proof way of not getting into trouble. This happened to me once before google just would not correct a previous email address and I lost it all. Now simply because google told me to do some change I am in trouble again.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Google specifically states, free accounts will be the users responsibility to keep current

recovery in formation or they will not help users get back in online or in person. They do not

keep records of free account passwords.

Having said that, if you used your passwords on a computer for those, and you auto signed in,

it could 'hide' your passwords and we can reveal them depending on the browser and how

you set your storage up.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What recovery email are you trying to get back? gmail/outlook/yahoo etc?

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?