Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I am not able to activate my iPad because "activation server

Customer Question

I am not able to activate my iPad because "activation server is temporarily unavailable." Please advise.***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jay D replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** will be assisting you today. Please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will then reply to you. Thanks.

Expert:  Jay D replied 2 months ago.

what model of ipad are you using?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
iPad with 32gb I am completely blocked out with just a message "it may take a few minutes to activate your iPad."
A subsequent message "the activation server is temporarily unavailable. Try connecting your iPad to iTunes to activate" I cannot get into the iTunes app
Expert:  Jay D replied 2 months ago.

okay i will try and help

Expert:  Jay D replied 2 months ago.

can you make sure that the ipad is connected to your wifi, if it's not connected then i can't contact the activation server... either that or there is a temporary problem at apple's side.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks. Actually last night my lovely spouse somehow got it working. I was connected to wi-fi so most likely an apple glitch
Expert:  Jay D replied 2 months ago.

okay glad to hear that you got it resolved. :-)