Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I was just given a HP laptop for an anniversary gift. I

Customer Question

I was just given a HP laptop for an anniversary gift. I starting setting up the laptop yesterday. I down loaded Microsoft 10 last night. while the computer were still downloading last night, I went to bed. This morning the computer will not accept my password ***** log in. Can you help me to reset my password? The instructions on my new laptop said go to my Microsoft account to reset my password, but I can't get to Microsoft on the new laptop b\c it won't accept my password. I am communicating through my old laptop.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: My new laptop is an HP, not totally sure of the operating system. I just set it up yesterday. I am think it is windows 10.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No, just going through the setup. In fact, this is the first time the system have rebooted since I started the setup.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am talking using my old laptop. My new laptop is beside me. That is the laptop with the password ***** not my old laptop. I don't know if you can connect to my new laptop, as I stated I can't get in the computer. Or, can you connect to my new laptop?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com services.
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

you will have to access the link given below from a different device which has internet access to reset your Microsoft account.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

Please remember when we are dealing with this kind of issue. It is quite possible and may take more than one step or answer multiple times to solve a problem. In case the provided troubleshooting step does not help or work don't be dissatisfied, use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button and I will be happy to continue to help.