Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Can't seem to be able to log into my etried receiving the

Customer Question

Can't seem to be able to log into my etried receiving the access code on my Yahoo account, but Google did not recognize me as the account owner. Help!mail account. I have a new phone so I can't retrieve the access code there.
JA: Are you logged into your Yahoo account on any other devices?
Customer: Not at the moment.
JA: Do you have security questions or a phone number on file to help reset your password?
Customer: Yes. but that didn't seem to get me in either.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Robert M. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Robert and I'll be helping you with your computer question.

which account exactly are you having problems with?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Good morning, I am unable to log into my Gmail account. I have a new phone.

ok that is going to be a problem.

about the only way to recover a gmail account is to have access to the phone number or alternate email that were associated with the account BEFORE you lost access to it.

there is a section where you can tell them things like what date you created the account. But in my experience i have rarely seen anybody able to get them correct enough to satisfy google.

I am able to log in remotely to work on it with you if you like. Sometimes i can get it going just because i understand their system better than the person i am helping. But the bot***** *****ne is you need to be able to access one of the alternate methods you previously set up to recover the account.