Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

My tech tells me I have multiple bad blocks from the Event

Customer Question

My tech tells me I have multiple bad blocks from the Event Viewer. I ran the defrag routine and Windows is telling me I have no hardware problems. Will a defrag consolidate a few bad blocks?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: Dell P17 laptop with Windows 7 Premium Vista
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes. I am up-to-date with Microsoft Windows upgrades and I'm using about 40% of the machine total capacity. I ran my Tuneup 360 and it's showing no hardware problems and optimal functionality.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

A defrag routine will in no way help when there are bad blocks. In actuality, running a Defrag on a drive with bad blocks may be a bad idea.

A better idea is to simply run the Error-Checking utility in Windows, which can done by following the instructions below that I have typed:

- Open your "My Computer" window.

- Right click the "C:" drive and choose Properties

- Click the "Tools" tab

- Click the "Check now button"

- Put a check in both boxes and click Start.

That will help with the bad blocks, if there are any.

Rating me on the top of the page doesn't cost anything extra. Rating is how I am given credit. If you don't rate, doesn't give you a refund.

I would really appreciate it if, you could take a moment and rate me on the top of this page by clicking the Stars and clicking the Submit button on the top of this page.

Thank you,
***** *****

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with --For ***** ***** Only!--

My Profile page:
http://JasonFixedit.com