Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I need a technician familiar with Lightroom photo editing

Customer Question

I need a technician familiar with Lightroom photo editing software. I am am having difficulty locating files on my hard drive that I want to import into lightroom.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: PC running windows 7 but not very knoweldegable about tech stuff
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: this has nothing to do wth updtaes. trust me. it has to do with the naming conventions used to store my ohotos on my hrad drive. I have had this problem before, and I did a search this morning that got mr out of the file where these photos are an dnow I cnat find them
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: This requires a tech who understands how to identify the files from which Lightroom selects to import, They are in my desktop, but my desktop is at C;\Users\[my name]\desktop\etc NOT C:\desktop.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: see the email I just sent. need someone who is VERY familiar with Lightroom
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Which specific version of lightroom are you using?

Also, unless you changed the default catalog / picture location. It should be C:\users\(username)\pictures\lightroom

Check there, and you may see the lightroom catalog file and pictures present.

If you dont see them there, let me know.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am credited for assisting you.

If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Sr. Technician and former Network Switching System operator & maintainer with the US Signal Corp, (abn)