Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Microsoft put a beautiful picture as my screen saver but it

Customer Question

Microsoft put a beautiful picture as my screen saver but it has to have a password. \i changed the password ***** \i flew to Canada for an emergency with my elderly mother and now \i am locked out. \i have to get in to register my son for college ASAP \please help
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: I am talking to you on my moms computer. \mine has windows 10 and \i usually use google or edge
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no. \i havent tried to sign on to my own machine because \\\\\\\i totally forget the new password
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have tried resetting my pasword for microsoft but that doesnt open that intial picture/screen saver wor whatever it is
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 3 months ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a tech expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

Can you please first let me know if you´ve already restarted the computer to get around the screensaver? As far as I understand, that screensaver only becomes active after a while of inactivity, am I correct?

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it come up as a static picture and requires a password ***** remove it. i cannot go past it or access anythinkg else on the computure until \i enter a password. I HAVE FORGOTTON THE PASSWORD
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i AM ON AN ALTERNATE DEVICE. I CANNOT CONTACT YOU ON MY MACHINE

Yes, but does this "screensaver" come up directly after restarting your computer too?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
IMMEDIATELY. IT SAYS YOU CANT SIGN IN TO YOUR DEVICE RIGHT NOW GO TO ACCOUNT. LIVE.COM TO FIX THE PROBLEM OR TRY THE LAST PASSWORD ***** USED ON THIS DEVICE. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO GO ANYWHERE ELSE

Now I understand, that is not a screensaver, that is the Windows login screen and the issue is with your Microsoft account that you need to log in to Windows.

OK, please try this:

1) Go to https://account.live.com/password/reset

2) Click "I forgot my password".

3) Enter the address that is being shown at the login screen on the next site and go through the password ***** procedure.

Please report back if that worked. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ARE YOU STILL THERE?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
IT IS JUST A LOCKED PICTURE THAT \I DONT KNOW HOW TO GET PAST

Yes, please try the steps I´ve posted above to reset your password.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
you do not seem to understand so please cance this request. \i will find someone else to help me.
DO NOT CHARGE MY CARD SINCE YOU DID NOTHING TO HELP

I do understand very well and gave you a solution to reset your password, but you did not perform the steps and do not want to listen to me, instead you claim that it is me who isn´t understanding, which is clearly not the case as I know very exactly what the problem is and the steps I gave you will solve it for you if you´d just have followed them. I am opting out of your question so that another expert can help you instead.

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 3 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Can you please take a photo of that screen asking for password ***** upload it here?

Regards
Jins