Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have just moved my Microsoft files from my old Mac to my

Customer Question

I have just moved my Microsoft files from my old Mac to my new Mac, but I am unable to open these files. I am still using Office 2011 for Mac, but I have bought Office 365 to instal on my new computer once I have my old files running okay on my new computer.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Sorry I hadn't finished my message. I am on an iMac with the latest operating system Sierra 10.12.5.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I usually instal Office updates as soon as I receive notification of them, and have done this on my old computer. The new computer is asking me for the installation code (or whatever it is called) and of course I no longer have it.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need to know how to get Office running on my new computer before I instal Office 365
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly?

Did you purchase Office 2016 on the Online Microsoft Store or at another location?

Thank you,
Jason