Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I few minutes ago a screen came up telling me I have a

Customer Question

I few minutes ago a screen came up telling me I have a pornographic dangerous virus on my machine and to call 1-***-***-**** immediately. I called. That person wanted me to let him have control of my keyboard so he could do whatever he had to do. I said I had to make another call. Within 10-15 seconds I had a call from another supposedly Microsoft Tech person from(###) ###-####telling me that I must let the correction be made or documents would be compromised, deleted, whatever. I declined and hung up. Meanwhile, I had turned off my computer. Almost immediately at third call from(###) ###-####to convince me to let them take action. Background of my resistance: About a month ago my savings account was compromised...stemming from an electronic invasion from Australia! I have no ideas to offer about that. My bank now requires me to request a secure number to my cell phone so I feel reasonably secure...that is I did until today's phone calls and notice on my screen.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Oh dear...where do I find that...I'm not computer literate...depending on grandson.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes, but I'm going to hate it if you ask me what it was
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: My bank recommends I take my computer to someone to be examined and I will do that soon
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Did you allow them access to your computer?