Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I got this message when I started my computer today: Windows

Customer Question

I got this message when I started my computer today: Windows has detected an IP address conflict
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: Another computer on this network has the same IP address as this computer. Contact your network administrator for help resolving this issure. More detail are available in the Windows System event log.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I don't know what version of Windows I have. My computer is an old Dell desk top
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know anything about computers, so I guess not
Category: Computer
Expert:  PC_Wizzard replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

Please hold down the Windows button + R and type in winver and hit enter to get your Windows version.