Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  CISCO certified, Microsoft proficient, computing expert.
30970729

I was online with a technician this morning to replace my

Customer Question

I was online with a technician this morning to replace my Windows 7 Ultimate that seems to be corrupt. The new license key was checked and it is a valid key. The technician helped on my PC to download a replacement .iso file which is now downloaded but I do not know how to install it. it is on my desk top now.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: This PC was made for me in 2011. The Windows 7 Ultimate came with it. It is only now when I tried to upgrade to Windows 10 that I was advised that the Windows 7 on the PC is invalid (6 years later). I am running Windows 7 Ultimate (which I was advised this morning is corrup, hence the new donwload).
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not that I know of
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, the technician said the instructions to load and run the new download which they assisted with are self explanatory. Not to me they aren't
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

To re-install Windows from the iso file, move the iso file to a DVD or USB device, then double-click on Setup.exe within the iso folder to start the installation process.