Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I just purchased a HP laptop computer and I'm worried about

Customer Question

I just purchased a HP laptop computer and I'm worried about viruses, malware etc. It states that the computer has coverage for a month. Just want to make sure this is the case..
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your HP? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: hold on please I need to go get info
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No, Ive used youtube and I was trying to print a document I downloaded with personel info on it.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just want to make sure this computer has total protection against everything that could happen to it, pertaining to viruses etc. thanks
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Did you purchase any antivirus / security software previously?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Who's your internet service provider?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm here, I just don't want to pay any more for this information. It states I get one month free questions...is this hp or not

HP does not help with security program. I'm an independent computer tech. Please let me know if you'd like me to fix the security issue on your computer.

Did you purchase any antivirus / security software previously?

Who's your internet service provider?

Please reply at the box below; we guarantee our service. Thank you,

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help; we guarantee our service. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have total protection thank you for your time

You're welcome. Did you purchase Total Protection previously? Usually, a new computer comes with only a one-month trial version of the security program.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,