Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

We were newly connected with a router in the house. I

Customer Question

We were newly connected with a router in the house. I receive emails just fine but cannot send.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: earthlink.com
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message when sending an email message?
Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

What's the make / model of your computer?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK, I failed to give you a lot of stuff. Comcast installed a router with our subscription to Xfinity that serves my PC, windows 7 system. I am using outlook for my emails. The internet access was shifted to a new account but the tech did not spend enuf time for a very mature (upper 80s) couple to understand everything. the new account allows reception of emails but does not allow new mail to be sent.

Thank you. Is there any error or message when sending an email message?
Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Make is a HP desktop
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just sent $5 thinking it was Xfinity I was connected with and do not want to get into another program on the side.

OK. Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below; we guarantee our service. Thank you,

Xfinity / Comcast is your internet service provider. They only help you with your internet. They will not help you with your earthlink email issue.

Please let me know if you'd still like me to fix your email sending issue; we guarantee our service.