Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

How does it take to run a backup with a Simpletech external

Customer Question

How long does it take to run a backup with a Simpletech external hard drive (purchased in 2008, 320 GB)? It has been running for an hour and a half and I have no way of knowing how far along it is.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Dell OptiPlex 3010 desktop with Windows 7.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have made backups before, including from previous Dell desktop before copying to current computer in early 2014.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Martin replied 3 months ago.

It depends on the amount of data that needs to be transferred over to the external hard drive. If there are many GB of information it could take many hours.

To make sure it keeps transferring uninterrupted I would recommend changing your Power settings so the computer doesn't go to into sleep mode or shut off the hard drives from being in an idle state.