Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  CISCO certified, Microsoft proficient, computing expert.
30970729

Im trying to get someone on skype for a conference that is

Customer Question

Im trying to get someone on skype for a conference that is starting right now. They aretelling me i'm too young and need my parents permission. I am 62.. Deborah Dee born 10-27-1954 please help!
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: hp probook
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: possibly by accident
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: maybe avg the other day
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Skype is now part of Microsoft.

If your Windows Live Account was registered with a date of birth that sets it as less than 18, the only way around it is to create a new account.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
having trouble making a new account. will get back to you at 10:15. thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

ok

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok ive created a new account with brenda brink***@******.*** and(###) ###-#### co-0conference person here and it now says skype cant connect. my internet is working so its not that.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

What is the full error message that you are getting?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
23 July 2017 10:33
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
skype cant connect
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

When you get the "Skype can't connect" error, to fix it you will need to first download the latest version of Skype.

If you’ve already updated to the latest version of Skype and you still get the “Skype can’t connect” error, try the following:

• Check your firewall settings.

There may be a firewall blocking your access to Skype.

• Check your proxy settings.

If you connect to the internet through a proxy server, for example at work, you may need to manually configure Skype to connect.

• Change your password.

To change your password, see https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA95/how-do-i-change-or-reset-my-password-for-skype