Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I recently downloaded Windows 10 to my HP, but the hard

Customer Question

I recently downloaded Windows 10 to my HP, but the hard drive has malfunctioned, and now I have an ASUS. Do I have to pay for another Windows 10 to the ASUS or can I use the license from the HP.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your HP? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: It was an HP Pavillion g6
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes, a driver update. Which may have been a virus, because the computer now has a black screen. IT personnel have tried resetting it, but the reset did not work. They believe the hard drive is malfunctioning, but not corrupted.d
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know if how I can move my files and Windows 10 from the HP to the ASUS,
Category: Computer
Expert:  R Hefner replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with this issue.

A few questions to help me understand the condition - when you had the HP was Windows 10 on the machine and working?

Did the PC technicians tell you how the hard drive is malfunctioning?

I can also help you move the data but would like to know about the malfunctioning drive.

**you do not have to pay for another windows 10 if you have the license key or any license information.

DO you have that?

Expert:  R Hefner replied 2 months ago.

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system at the top of the screen to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit.
Thank you for using justanswers and have a great day.

Richard H