Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I am trying to access my gmail account, but the format has

Customer Question

I am trying to access my gmail account, but the format has changed. I don't remember my password ***** it says to put in a 6 number varification code, but I can't see my gmail account, so I can't get the code. I don't have a smart phone. I am 75 years old and not tech savy.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: Just today.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The computer instructions said to type in my phone number. I think you must have an old number. When I typed in the number I've had for 2 years it says it's no valid.What should I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 months ago.

Can you at least guess the password, which is not working at present?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no I may have written it down, but I don't remember it
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 months ago.

Then, I am extremely sorry, it is very difficult to get back to your email account, if you can at least guess the password ***** was a way to reset it, except that Google will need so much information about the account that, it is not possible for a normal person to remember so much information about their account, anyway I will open the question for other experts.

Expert:  Martin replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Martin replied 2 months ago.

I may be able to recover the account for you via a secure remote session - this will allow me to see if the password ***** ***** on your computer and allow me to get you back in. Providing it does not work, you are always entitled to a full refund.

Would you like to give it a try?