Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My e-mail vanished and my tech assistant got me started on a

Customer Question

My e-mail vanished and my tech assistant got me started on a new e-mail address but said that Google says they cannot resurrect or even find my old e-mail address. So, now, I have to contact anyone I hope is trying to reach me to let them know the new address. This makes no sense so I decided to ask you.
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: gmail.com
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Updates to what?
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How I can re-connect to my old e-mail is more than enough.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What recovery email are you trying to get back? gmail/outlook/yahoo etc?

How do you usually access your email? Email client such as windows live, (built in email app

on the computer itself that looks like an envelope) Thunderbird? Using a regular browser such

as Firefox/Internet Explorer/Chrome etc?