Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Need to reload office 2016 after a computer repair, windows

Customer Question

need to reload office 2016 after a computer repair
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: windows 10 dell n5010
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: computer was just wiped and reloaded with files and operating system
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: original office 2016 was purchased feb 2016
Category: Computer
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

When you install or reinstall a Microsoft Office 2016, you are prompted to type or to paste the 25-character product key. The product key is used during the Microsoft software installation to unlock the Microsoft Office suite. If you do not enter the product key when you are prompted, the suite may be locked. In a locked state, the functionality of the applications will be limited.

To find this, we can go into your email you purchased office with if you still have that and also use the download you used for your 2016 as it will be there also, unless you purchased a cd?

How did you acquire/purchase your 2016?