Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I've been having some computer issues on a Windows HP PC.

Customer Question

Hi there;
I've been having some computer issues on a Windows HP PC. I'm not sure if it's some kind of virus or what's going on.
It's an I7 machine. I've run boot scans with Avast, virus scans with Avast, checked with MalwareBytes scans and have found nothing.1)The Action center in the task bar keeps bringing up an action message saying "Change WIndows Updates Settings?" Choices are: Install updates automatically OR Let me Choose? I keep choosing Automatic but the message keeps coming up despite the fact I've already chosed to do updates automatically.
This has gone on for about three weeks now.2) Avast has been being turned off a number of times also in the last couple weeks. I have to turn it back on.3) Programs moving very slow.Just checking to see if you'd have any ideas of why it would be changing my options for windows updates and turning off Avast on it's own?
Thank you
Customer
Category: Computer
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Justanswer.

My name is ***** ***** I am sorry to hear that you have this issue. I look forward to assist you today with your question and provide the best solution possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected.

I will have to do a remote session to access the gravity of the situation