Josh, Support Specialist
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

How do I erase a file name-- the file contains nothing -- I

How do I erase a file name-- the file contains nothing -- I have deleted all , bbut the file names still remain in file directory.
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: HPPavilion
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have tried to delete the file name by deleting the contents and resaved it but the file name still remains in the file directory

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

If you right click on the file then select Delete -- does the file delete or does it stay?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The file deletes, but i keep getting a ? asking if I want to delete doc.4 Let me try bringing up wp again and see all files by same name deleted

Do you see the doc 4 file still listed?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The file deletes, but i keep getting a ? asking if I want to delete doc.4 Let me try bringing up wp again and see all files by same name deleted No. but I had difficulty closing WP. Thanx for noww if i need more help i'll call back tomorrow
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The file deletes, but i keep getting a ? asking if I want to delete doc.4 Let me try bringing up wp again and see all files by same name deleted No. but I had difficulty closing WP. Thanx for noww if i need more help i'll call back tomorrow If i have you securely connect what is the charge?

Awesome!

Please use the star rating at the top to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit