Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I speak PC fluently, so you dont have to! Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My phone died so I have been trying to reactivate my old

My phone died so I have been trying to reactivate my old phone, but I can't get past your screen despite typing in account info. It shows up on my activity log but I can't activate it. It keeps asking for previous sign in account
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?
Customer: lg4 cellphone since trying to reactivate on friday
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no I haven't used this phone for a almost a year
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Back when you were using the LG phone.. Do you remember what your google / gmail account would have been back then, even if you no longer use that gmail or google account, do you remember what it was?

Thank you for your reply.

Dustin S.

Sr. Technician and former Network Switching System operator & maintainer with the US Signal Corp, (abn)

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I only had I google account***@******.***
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
hello

Ok, if you try to use that google account you just mentioned to sign into the old phone.

What does it say then? Does it let you sign in?

Thank you for your reply.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It keeps asking for the previous account I did change my password ***** Friday and that's what Verizon said may have triggered the lock

Ahh.. I didnt catch that you had changed your password ***** recently.

So you will be locked out until 48 hours after the most recent password ***** So if you changed the password ***** this morning trying to get in, then the FRP lockout will expire in 48 hours and then you will be able to login to the phone.

Remember, dont change the password ***** at all, just wait the time limit out, and then login with the most recent password ***** set thats working.

If you have any questions or run into any issues, let me know and I will assist you further as needed.

Please rate this solution with the 5 star rating to close out as it is the only way i am credited for assisting you.

If you need further assistance, just leave a reply and we will continue.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It wasn't much help to help my phone activated. As a network community I think you should all get together and force google to change their policy or at least have a back door to find a solution to this particular problem.

There are back door solutions, such as rooting your phone to try and bypass the FRP lockout.

But there are a lot of risks with doing that, voiding your warranty, bricking your phone, and thats if you can find the stock files you need in order to do it.

It safer and more reliable to just wait out the timer.