Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

Where do you advise that I store my photos at Google photos,

Where do you advise that I store my photos at Google photos, google plus? I dont have enough spacr on mt computer. When I have tried to go check my old photos from the past few years in google photos, I see the icon for photos, but I am not able to open any. Quite frustrated.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message when accessing your photos at the website below?

http://photos.google.com/

Please let me know. Thank you.

How are you? Do you still need help with the Google Photos issue?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No, I don't get an error message. I think I am not able to see it on the phone sometimes, maybe the wifi connection is bad. Are google photos on google drive the same as google photos Albums? It doesn't seem like that. I want to have one central area I can store and access photos. If I try to attach photos from google drive on say an email, I can do so, but if I wish to use google photos, I can't access google photos.

Thank you for replying back. The Internet must work on your device (i.e., phone, computer, tablet) in order to see your Google photos. If Wi-Fi connection is bad, then it loads photos slowly and/or it does not load at all.

- When you have good Internet / Wi-Fi connection, what happens when you go to the website http://photos.google.com (on your phone and/or on your computer, etc.), and sign in your Google account (your Gmail email address) there? Can you open your photos there?

- For attaching photos in email on phone or tablet: If you have not done yet, you should download / install the Google Photos app on your phone. Then to attach photos on an email, you open the Photos app, then select photo(s) you want, then use the Share option / icon there. Then enter contact names (or email addresses), then Send. (Or in the Photos app, select photo(s) you want, then use the Share option / icon, then select your email app, and continue.)

- For attaching photos in email on computer (desktop / laptop): Sign in your Google / Gmail account at the website https://photos.google.com/ , then select photo(s) you want, then use the Share option / icon there. Then enter contact names (or email addresses), then Send.

- (Note: Google photos are not in Google Drive.)

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK, so google drive doesn't show google photos?

That's correct. Google Drive and Google Photos are separate.

Please let me know if you have any further question. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK, I understand how to share photos when I am emailing them to someone. Now for instance if I am posting an add and need to access photos from my google photos and then attach the photos to an online account. How do I do that? I have a rental property and I place online adds. How do I access the photos? This service has an attachment icon, I click on it and it can access my hard drive my google drive, but can't seem to be able to access google photos.

I'm sorry. Unfortunately, in order to attach / post data files, such as documents or photos, on any website or on any third-party email service (not Gmail), then you would need to have a local copy of your data on your computer's local hard drive.

- The reason you are able to access your google drive using that service is because you have the Google Drive data files saved (synced) on your computer's hard drive, not just online. Therefore, Google Drive data is taking up storage space on your computer's hard drive, whereas Google Photos is not.

- So if you want to attach Google photos to that service, then you would need to have a copy of those photos on your computer's hard drive, i.e., you would need to download the photos (that you want to attach) to the computer first, then attach, then you can delete the downloaded photos.

- Basically, you cannot access online data from Google (Drive or Photos) from a third-party service. You have to have local copy, or you have to download / save to the computer first, then attach / upload.

- Note: There are some third-party services that lets you access online data directly, such as Yahoo Mail lets you access / attach data directly from Google Drive and Dropbox even if you do not have Google Drive or Dropbox installed on your computer / even if you do not have a copy of the Google Drive data or Dropbox data on your computer's hard drive. Only if a third-party has that feature, then you can access Google online data directly.

Please let me know if this is not clear. Thank you.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,