Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

Currently my computer is working fine, but I was contacted

Customer Question

Currently my computer is working fine, but I was contacted by someone at Microsoft with a return phone number of(###) ###-####concerning a refund due to me from a technical account that I had opened approximately 3-4 years ago......I did talk to someone this am but my computer was down and I said that I would call back once the modem restored itself but now I cannot get anyone to answer the telephone. Kitty Kohnke
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: The computer in question is a HP laptop and I do not know what you mean by operating system?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No, I use it when we are out of town, probably only a few hours a month. Mainly for what movies are playing in Showlow, Az.....important things like that besides my e-mail.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know my refund status ???
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. That is a fake phone number. That is not from Microsoft. Microsoft is not giving out any refund. It is a scam; they just want to get your personal information in order to do frauds. Please always ignore any phone call or message that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

Do you have any further question? And/or do you need anything else for now?
Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,