I amlocked out of my newcomputer running 10. Hp pavilion 70

Customer Question
I amlocked out of my...
I amlocked out of my newcomputer running 10.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: hp pavilion 70 p014
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am locked out of my new hp pavilion computer/hpdesk top 570p014.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Computer
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/14/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean you are not able to open any program on your new HP computer?

Does it show a name or username at the password ***** login screen?
Does it show an email address at the password ***** login screen?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Is it okay to reset the new HP computer fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Note: If your new HP computer is frozen, then press and hold the Power on / off button on your new computer for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- If it's password ***** please try the followings:

Solution #1:

- If there is an email address showing on your problematic new HP computer, then please try the following solution:

1. On another working computer (or on a tablet or smartphone), click on the website below:

https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

2. Then there, select the option "I forgot my password", then click on Next at the bottom.

3. Then in the first box, type in the email address as show on the problematic new computer.

4. Then in the second box, type in the characters as shown on the page.

5. Then click on Next at the bottom. Then follow the instructions there in order to reset your Microsoft account password.

- Once that is done successfully, then try the password ***** the new computer.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try:

1. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  5. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
  6. When prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Solution #3:

- If that still does not work, please try:

1. Shut down your HP computer.
  2. Turn it back on, then right away, keep pressing & releasing the key F11 quickly and repeatedly on the computer's keyboard until a menu appears.
  3. Select option Troubleshoot.
  4. Select option Recovery Manager. Then select option System Recovery. Then select option to recover without backing up files, and continue.
    - (Note 1: If there is no Recovery Manager option, then select option Reset PC, and continue, and when prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.)
    - (Note 2: If you had put any new data on the new computer, and if you need them, then connect a USB drive to the new computer, then select the option to back up your files first and continue.)

- Do you see a menu / the Troubleshooting option when trying any of the solutions above?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,