I cannot Activate home and Studentand it appears that others

Customer Question
I cannot Activate home and...
I cannot Activate home and Student(###) ###-####and it appears that others all over the world are having the same problem. I get error code Ox8004FC(10) and cannot find a reference to that code when I ask for help. Can you advise or fix from wherever you are?
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Toshiba Sattelite
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Updates to what? Microsoft. Toshiba ???
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nothing other that I am 81 years old and need time to digest any information you provide and to take the necessary steps to correct.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
7/12/2017
Tech Support Specialist: PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast replied 6 months ago
PC_Wizzard
PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

Do you use Windows 10?

1. In search, type command prompt.

2. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt, and select Run as administrator.

3. Copy the following commands and paste them into the command prompt by right-clicking and selecting paste (you can't use CTRL + V in the Command Prompt window to paste). Copy one command at a time, and press Enter after pasting each one in the Command Prompt.

net localgroup Administrators localservice /add

fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

After you've entered all of the commands, reboot your device and try activating Office again.

HI did this work for you?

Andy, Computer Consultant