Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I RECENTLY HAD TO HAVE MY COMPUTER PROGRAMS BACKED UP

Customer Question

I RECENTLY HAD TO HAVE MY COMPUTER PROGRAMS BACKED UP BECAUSE IT CRASHED..I HAVE IT BACK & I CAN SEE THE BACKUP FILE,BUT DO I HAVE TO REINSTALL THE PROGRAMS? LIKE MICROSOFT OFFICE & QUICKBOOKS?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: HP ENVY WINDOWS 8.1
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I UPDATE AUTOMATICALLY ... BUT I SEE THE BACKUP THEY DID BUT I HAVE NONE OF MY PROGRAMS ON IT NOW
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: JUST THAT IF I HAVE TO PUT THE MICROSOFT OFFICE 13 BACK ON IT I DO NOT KNOW HOW BECAUSE I SEE NO WHERE TO START
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Yes,As MS office and QUICKBOOKS are system software which get's installed in your system drive (generally it is C: drive)they get's deleted when you reisntall windows in PC. That's why you will have to reinstall both the programs again.

You must have loose all the data which were there in your c drive.