Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I bought and installed Microsoft DVD Player on my laptop and

Customer Question

I bought and installed Microsoft DVD Player on my laptop and it does not work
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Samsung 700z
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I installed several about a week ago
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jay D replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such troubles and I will try my best to assist you.

Please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will look into this for you. Also please be aware that we are very busy and you may have to wait for a response, replies to you are not always instant. We appreciate your patience.

Expert:  Jay D replied 4 months ago.

how old is the laptop?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
about 4 years old
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am using Windows10. My old DVD player stopped playing movies (DVD) after the upgrade. The music function still works with Windows Media Player. Movies saved to my hard drive still play. The DVD drive does not recognize an inserted disc.
Expert:  Jay D replied 4 months ago.

Okay in order for me to check this further I would need to connect to your computer and take a look.