Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

$ 40 bonus My workstations are not getting an ip... My

$ 40 bonusMy workstations are not getting an ip...
My workstations are not getting an ip address from my windows 2008 server which provided DHCP.My network administrator is not available and I need my users up with local ip addresses.Help please.I can connect to the server remotely via RDC; it is just the LAN users that can not get a valid ipaddress.Jerry

Hi there Jerry

Have you tried restarting the Server? As usually this is a crashed DHCP service which will restart when the server is restarted

Please let me know

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Richard.Yes, rebooted earlier. I have about 300 remote users connected to the server now and only 3 lan users.At 8:30 the number of users drops significantly. I will reboot again around 8:30 am EST.Any other actions prior to 8:30 am est?Jerry

If you can have someone check if the main switch(es) are on and powered that connects the sever and to the other switches? If one of these have failed it would stop any communications, so try to have someone check if at least they are powered on.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry for the delay. Family emergency. All good now.I figured the issue with the network.Jerry

No problem Jerry, glad it was solved.

Let me know if you need anything else and please remember the rating

Thank you