Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I got a telephone call that said my license is up and I

Customer Question

I got a telephone call that said my license is up and I needed to call them, or nothing that I own that is tied to Microsoft will not work. Is this a scam
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Lenovo and the newest windows update
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes I got the computer back on Monday.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Somethings like microso0ft games won't play since I got it back.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Expert:  Michelle replied 3 months ago.

No company like yahoo or google contact customer personally or send warning emails or any popup screens on your computer or smartphones.
Email servers are very safe and secure and no one can hack into it that is why there are many scams who claim to be Microsoft Google or Yahoo by sending popcall screen and warnings with phone number to call or they call you. You get into trap and they extort $300 to $500 and all of a sudden dissappear and you cannot catch or report them

Please do not call any such number or share you banking details with them

let me know the issues you are facing on the computer and i can check them out