Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a problem accessing documents from the IRS. gov

Customer Question

I have a problem accessing documents from the IRS. gov web-site - E Services. The IRS has been researching the problem and they just called me to tell me that there is a patch # KB4022725 that is causing the problem and that Microsoft must correct the problem. I am an accountant and need access to the IRS documents but can not get copies because of the Patch that just went on two or three days ago. I am a 79 year old man and am not good with computers so if you give me a complex answer I will not know what to do to correct the problem.Microsoft may have to deal with the computer technicians at the Internal Revenue Service. Please respond as soon as possible. The IRS technician indicated that you may have to input a "hot fix" to correct the problem. My phone number is(###) ###-####in Vancouver, Wash. 98664. Please respond as quick as possible. My email is***@******.***.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: I am sorry but I don't know the answer to your question, except that when I go into IRS.gov to get the documents I go in through Explorer. My computer is a Dynex and it was just purchased two or three years ago..
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Only what the computer has advised me to do.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ricky Kresslein replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

To resolve this issue I will need to securely connect to your computer. Are you at the computer and ready for me to connect now?