Richard Kresslein
Richard Kresslein, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  3+ Years in Tech Support
98270431

I need Linked Tech support BADLY. How, HOW does one do an

Customer Question

I need Linked Tech support BADLY. How, HOW does one do an Advanced Search now. I finally find it and am shown some random company. What The Heck What the Heck. I'm a semi-retired hi tech placement person. I recently signed up for LkdIn's premium account or status, but have had no need to use LkdIn until now; a former client called me with 3 jobs to fill.
JA: What device or product does this involve?
Customer: Mac Book Pro
JA: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your MacBook Pro?
Customer: El Capitan v.10.11.6
JA: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This is the first time I've needed to use LkdIn since buy its Premium edition. I'm a semi-retired Head Hunter, with a former client t who just called me with 3 jobs to fill
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope -- just soneone who knows LkdIn and how to find & do an Advanced Search-!!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard Kresslein replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

In the new interface of LinkedIn, the regular search bar can act as an advanced search bar on it's own by structuring your searches. Here are the instructions for that:

You can use search operators directly from the search bar to narrow your results. Search operators complement the filters found on the right rail of the results page, as well as the boolean operators AND, OR, and NOT.

There are five search operators currently supported by LinkedIn:

• firstname - Finds members based on first name
  • lastname - Finds members based on last name
  • title - Finds members based on their current job title
  • company - Finds members based on their current company (keyword search)
  • school - Finds members based on schools attended (keyword search)

For example, to search for current software engineers not named Doe, who have attended either Harvard University or Stanford University, try:

title:"software engineer" NOT lastname:doe school:(harvard OR stanford)

Tips for using search operators:

• Use quotes for multi-word search terms.
  • Use parentheses for AND, OR and NOT phrases.
  • Commas should not be included in between multiple search operators.
  • Spaces should not be included in between the search operator and the search term, such as lastname:doe.

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of this page. Thank you, ***** ***** a great day!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I went to that "Search" window upper left corner type clicked on advanced search and ended up at page for information technology and services in New Jersey

Please go to linkedin.com/search. Don't click on Advanced Search if you see it, just type your search into the box based on the format I gave above. See if that works for you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK except I want to find people I do not know. Previously advanced search allowed you to search by title, by company current or prior, by a geographic radius put in the ZIP Code 25 miles 125 miles. So those factors you gave me don't help but also suggests I don't allow one to even search through their own network? Maybe I'll go to that my network and see

With the parameters I gave you you can search for anyone on linked in even if you do not know them and are not connected with them yet. If you read through it again you will see that you can search by company current or prior and title, though it does not appear you can do geographic radius anymore.

Did the article help at all?