Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I am getting a notice which freezes my computer and poses as

Customer Question

I am getting a notice which freezes my computer and poses as microsoftsupport.com asking that I must call(###) ###-####because microsoft system detected that my computer has been infected with a spyware and a virus and my files and credit cards have been compromised etc. I was to call that number immediately... I know it is a scam. I simple escape and reboot but only to find it again a week or two again. Is there a clean up for this scam using your good name?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: HP TouchSmart 310PC using windows 7
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Probably but the problem I just cited has been going on for months.. I thought I had found it and cleaned it off but it keeps coming back - I don't see how my routing updates are involved. Are you suggesting that I should run the automatic update by Microsoft?
JA: No. I'm the Computer Technician's Assistant.
Customer: any instructions on how to get rid of the reoccuring problem?
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 3 months ago.

IMPORTANT: please save this page to your favorites (Press CTRL + D on your keyboard) so that you can reconnect with me in case we get disconnected from each other.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a tech expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

As you already know, this is a scam indeed. But something can be done against that it returns all the time. We would first check if it has left some backdoor in your system so that it comes back all the time (could be the case), then I can secure your browser as well, so that such websites and other are being automatically blocked in the future right away. Would that help?

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
let's fix the problem.

I just wanted to accept your remote assistance request so that I can help you remotely, but there seems to be an issue with your account. The website should show you what exactly is wrong and how to fix it. Additionally, you can also just call JustAnswer customer care at

USA / Canada 1-***-***-****

and let me know once the issue has been resolved so that I can connect to your computer and help you.

Thank you very much,

Lorenz

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did not know you were going to charge $39 - I thought I was going to get the answers to may questions on a 7-day trial for my initial $5. I don't like this little trick. I told my credit card company not to accept that charge. It is now in dispute. you have any answers to that?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there, another expert here

What you are seeing is the cost of the service. If you skipped reading this when making the question, please contact customer service on***@******.*** to have the costs explained.

You can also obtain a refund yourself here

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

Else, when understanding the cost, if you wish to proceed with getting your issue resolved, please let me know

Thank you