Have Asus x555d windows 10....went into the settings and did

Customer Question
reset. Windows started install then...
Have Asus x555d windows 10....went into the settings and did reset. Windows started install then went blank. I plugged in the power chord trying to get it to power...will not power up??
JA: What feature of SETT can we help you with?
Customer: I went into the setting and wanted to reset the computer to day I bought it.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Computer was reinstalling windows 10 then went dead. I plugged in power chord no help it will not boot up
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Computer
6/15/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Michelle, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

does the initial assus logo show up on power on or not even that

You got it. I was reinstalling windows 10 and it was updating along got to around 40% and I look over the computer went dead. So I plugged in the power chord. The light came on briefly like it was going to charge up..but went dead again. I tried hitting the on button with the F9 function key nothing I tried hitting the on button pressing the escape key nothing.

its been how long that the laptop is plugged in to power cord

would the battery be charged now

Not getting the light that the charger is charging the battery at all!!

how old is the laptop

No green or orange light the laptop is accepting a charge.

how old is the laptop

Lap top is new maybe 6 months old it's got windows 10... X555d model. I just check again I left it plugged in no lights!!

usually when a laptop is going through a reset process its recommended to plug in the charger as the first step to avoid the situation in which you are in

during the reset the windows file system was being reloaded when the system shutdown and the process stopped in between

so now when you turn on the laptop, it will not boot because windows file system is not loaded completey

windows will have to be reloaded again through factory reset and if that does not work from a disc

However the strange thing is that the laptop is not powering on and not showing any indication of battery being charged

this is a totally separate issue related to the battery

the first step for such an issue is to reseat the battery

however considering that the laptop is within warranty cover and on this model the battery is internally fixed to the motherboard if we try to unscrew and remove it that voids the warranty cover

can you have a look at the bottom cover of the laptop

do you see a reset pin hole anywhere

I checked no pin holes for reset. I just pressedhe start button the white light boot button came on along with orange light for about 5 sec then shut down again.

its trying to power on but going to a no boot situation

the advanced steps to fix this include reseating the battery and can void the warranty cover

thus, i would suggest you to get the laptop serviced within warranty so that if its a fault with the battery failing to charge it gets replaced within warranty cover

i am listing the number you need to call at

1-***-***-**** (toll free)

Available

24/7

i hope you understand that to save the warranty coverage i can only suggest limited steps with you

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. Feel free to ask if you have any question. Please provide a rating for the service, effort and the time by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page. In case the problem still persist or you have more question then simply use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button on justanswer email and I will be happy to answer your question. Thank you

Going to leave on charger all night. I will check it in the morning....I think it is toast. I will just go buy a new one. I have a back up, I have 2 other computers. Thanks

you are welcome

since its within waranty do not discard it rather get it serviced through asus as you will not be charged for any parts replacement

. Feel free to ask if you have any question. Please provide a rating for the service, effort and the time by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.

Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist