Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  10 years of IT experience in both business and residential.
10156100

ASUS RT-AC56R. It works beautifully, however someone hacked

ASUS RT-AC56R . It works beautifully, however someone hacked my bank account recently and I wonder if I shouldn't change my ASUS password? An if so, how do I do it?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Asus? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: RT-AC56R ?? Windows 10.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Uh, I don't think so.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It might not even be an ASUS problem or my on'line banking, but recently I was up in Victoria, BC and used my debit card.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you with your question.

Your PC password ***** ***** not the culprit of any hacked bank account. Change the password ***** your Online bank account, change email password ***** also make sure you are running an up to date antivirus.

Let me know if you have any further questions or need remote assistance. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top so I am credited for assisting you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
THANK YOU! I did change the Lycos password (Incidentally, I use Lycos (eudoramail.com) because it is not used by a horde of people like iCloud or google so I feel like I am "flying under the radar of hackers. Your thoughts on that?) and I closed my the online portion of my bank account but kept account open so I could pay bills. When I re-open online part of account I will change passwords.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Any final thoughts?

That is smart, yes your your email host in not as common so it not as attractive as the Google, Yahoo and iClouds account. But to be on the safe it was good that you did change password. Also, make sure you have an active up to date antivirus.

Sometimes people will let their antivirus subscription expire if they are paying for it. Then they stop receiving updates, if you are looking for a good antivirus I recommend Eset Nod 32. Ranks highest in detection and removal rate and can be purchased at www.Eset.com and the antivirus software is sufficient enough.

Thanks for your positive rating!