Emanuel Flores
Emanuel Flores,
Experience:  Technical Services at LSI Computers
97836965

IT IS MY SAMSUNG TEL. GALAXY GRAND, IT IS BLOCKED BY GOOGLE

IT IS MY SAMSUNG TEL. GALAXY GRAND, IT IS BLOCKED BY GOOGLE AND I CANNOT UNLOCK IT. COULD YOU HELP ME TO UNLOCK IT
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Samsung? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: MODEL G-530W GRAND GALAXIE PRIME
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: NOT THAT I KNOW OF
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I BOUGHT THE PHONE FROM FIDO AND USED IT AS IPAD BUT WE DECIDED WE WANTED TO USE IT AS A PHONE SO WE ORDED A SIM CARD FROM FIDO BUT NOW THE PHONE IS LOCKED

I see your having an issue with your Galaxy Grand phone.

Perhaps I can be of assistance today?

Before we begin, do you happen to run into a login screen from Google when turning the phone on?

Is it asking for an account or email?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for replying.

I have a way to bypass that Google screen so please follow with me.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
no

When you restarted your phone, did it ask to connect to a wifi connection?

To begin, we need you to connect the phone to your wifi. Once this is done, please let me know so we may continue.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is connected

Great!

Now try to get to the Google screen where it asks for your email account login. Once there, bring up your keyboard and press and hold the @ key. You then should see a Settings icon above it. Click on it and this should bring up a window that's called Input Options.

From there, do you see Google Keyboard Settings listed?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
there is no setting icon that shows up

I see. Make sure you press and hold down the @ button on the keyboard. Don't let go, during the time a settings icon should've appeared right above. It looks like a wheel.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the is no setting of a icon showing up

So what happens when you hold down the @ key?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the @ becomes big that is all

Really?

This should've worked. Your suppose to long press @ then a settings icon should appear above.

Ok, let's try something else. Restart your phone, and get to the menu where it asks you to choose a wifi network. Instead of connecting to one, there should be an option to add one.

Now, when you choose to add one, it's going to let you type in the name of the network. Just type some nonsense words, try to highlight it and the small window of Copy, Cut, Share and : should appear. Choose : and then select Assist.

This then should open up the Google app.

If you get lost, please let me know.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it worked this time the wheel showed up and I PRESSED ON IT

Terrific!

So do you see the Input Options window?

Still with me?

So you told me you managed to get the icon settings to show. Did you happen to see the Input Options window?

When you get to the Input Options menu, please tell me what is listed there? Do you happen to see Google Keyboard Settings?

Are you still there?

1. If you happen to see the Google Keyboard Settings ​please select it and this should lead you into another window.
  2. Click on the : on the top right corner of your screen. Select Help & Feedback.
  3. From there, just highlight or select any text you see on the screen then on the top of the screen select search. This now opens up the Google app. Next, type in Settings in the search bar in Google. This should give you a shortcut to the settings options of your phone.
  4. From there, in Settings, go to About Phone. In there, look for Build Number ​and click on it 7 times.
  5. Press back and look for and click on Developers Options. Look for OEM Options and turn it on. Next look for USB Debugging and turn it on.
  6. Press back and now find Backup & Reset. Go in and find Factory Data Reset. Reset the phone and it' going to ask to erase everything. Choose it and the phone should restart.
  7. If you have done this correctly you should be able to enter the phone as new without it asking for a Google account anymore.

I'm still here if you need assistance. I'd like to know if you followed the steps to unlocking your phone.

Please let me know.