Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I am trying to use Outlook for my sbcglobal.net account.

Customer Question

I am trying to use Outlook for my sbcglobal.net account. When I try to add the account it does not work with the auto or manual steps. The inbound (9950 and outbound port numbers do not stick
JA: How long has this been an issue?
Customer: I have been using the aat.net web site to acces the sbcglobal.net email, but I want the full features of outlook to mange my family email account
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: When they come in, but I am not sure I am up to date.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is it i think. On the last failed attemt it said
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 2 months ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a tech expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

Can you please first let me know if there is any kind of error message when you are adding the account (apart from that the port numbers to not stick - to which value are they changed back?)?

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
error is as follows: Send test email message: Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method. Contact your mail server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) for additional assistance.inbound is 110 and outboand shows as 25 after therror comes back

OK, thank you. I just wanted to accept your remote assistance request, but there seems to be an issue with your account in that relation. Can you please call JustAnswer customer care at

USA / Canada 1-***-***-****

Additionally, the website should also show you a message about what is wrong (possibly payment related).

and let me know once the issue has been resolved so that I can connect to your computer and help you?

Thank you very much,

Lorenz