Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I M TOLD That my computer is infected and that if I do not

Customer Question

I M TOLD That my computer is infected and that if I do not call a number my computer will bee disabled.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: How would I find that information? It is windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: My updates are all up to date.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have run Norton and C cleaner and nothing is found. This appeared when I tried to reach consumer cellular.com
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. It sounds as though you have been infected with Ransomware. I can provide instructions that MAY help you to remove it, although I can't guarantee anything. This is probably related to the wannacry ransomware attack that disabled computers in several different countries last Friday.

In order to provide the best possible help, I will need to know what operating system you have on your computer. If you're not sure, please click this link and tell me what you see:

http://whatsmyos.com/