Word 13 closes with error after a document save. Win 7 Pro

Customer Question
Word 13 closes with error...
Word 13 closes with error after a document save.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Word are you using?
Customer: Win 7 Pro 64-bit, i7, Word 13
JA: What's the brand/model/Operating System (OS) of your computer?
Customer: Mine.
JA: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I made it 2 years ago. Tried Microsoft social URL, this current URL, and regedit.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Computer
5/15/2017
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 6 months ago
Richard, Computer Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please the error you get when saving a document?

Thank you

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rqgb3tn6fu4yvld/Screenshot%202017-05-15%2010.58.09.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/didyqfqkg8sih3b/Screenshot%202017-05-15%2010.59.00.png?dl=0

Please click on Start->All Programs->Accessories, then right-click on Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator.

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.

chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.

Then tell me if it now saves correctly please

Thank you

thanks

Word save still fails with the same messages.
Word save still fails with the same messages.cannot securely connect.

Did you see the scan run when the computer restarted as normally it takes some time to complete

Word save still fails with the same messages.cannot securely connect.It did come up but closed very quickly.

it did not run then

repeat the steps again carefully please as SFC /scannow will take some time to run, you see it proceed to 100%

And chkdsk /r will run on restart and you will see it execute stages

let me know the results please

It ran completely this time. Word 13 still fails with same messages after Save.
It ran completely this time. Word 13 still fails with same messages after Save. Office 2013 Pro will not Repair. Issues message "Office.en-us\OfficeMUI.msi not found" and if pointing to the install DVD, message is "Invalid"

Thanks

Can you go to start, control panel.

Then click on uninstall a program.

Click on Office, then change, then repair.

Choose online repair, let this complete and when it has, tell me how word then functions please.

Repair does not work either from the DVD or via Control Panel. They both want to find a directory or folder where "Office.en-us\OfficeMUI.msi" and others are to be found. Only Word is failing.

ok, then you will need to run the re installation again, reinstall it again please like you did when you initially installed it.

No go. The same Not Found message appears.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xjciqqkfp3iq1p/Screenshot%202017-05-16%2011.24.51.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1xjciqqkfp3iq1p/Screenshot%202017-05-16%2011.24.51.png?dl=0I think that the registry needs to be purged of all Office 2013 entries. What do you think?

based on that error, yes.

Download revouninstaller from www.revouninstaller.com

Open it and uninstall Office within this, important you choose advance and remove (delete) all registry entries and files it locates when it does searches.

Then restart and try to install office please

I have downloaded and installed Revouninstaller Free. I will try it tomorrow and report.

thank you

I have your response to Revouninstall Office 13. I will do this at some time but not now. I need Excel to work while doing jobs. If the uninstall and a reinstall fails, it will be a nightmare to recover. I'll also have to clean the registry after the uninstall and defrag it.

ok, Ill mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

It looks like the problem is with Windows Explorer. When running most programs, WE seems to try to access folders and crashes. With Navigation enabled to show Computer, right clicking on a drive causes WE to crash. So, any idea how to fix this? If fixed, I would try Word again.
Tech Support Specialist: Richard, Computer Specialist replied 5 months ago

When did this problem start?

Please let me know

It was perhaps about a month ago and curiously around after the monthly Microsoft updates. There were Office 13, Win7 and Distribution Runtime updates. Oddly, only Word and Windows Explorer right click are affected.

Thanks

Can you close all programs

Click start, type in

system restore

press enter and follow the online steps to restor from a restore date before this problem started.

Tell me if the problem still continues please

Cannot do a Restore that works due to too many saved restore points. New programs were installed and Registry was cleaned. Looks like there is no easy solution.

ok, then you are left with performing a reinstallation of windows.

First, backup any data you have stored on it (programs you will need to install again)

Once done, tell me the make and model of the computer please.

The system is hosed. There are too many programs to do a hack re-install. C: drive will be moved to another port and a new 1TB SSD installed for Win8.1 to replace Win7.Homemade system: i7-4790k, Gigabyte Z97X-SLI-CF, 16GB DDR3, dual Samsung EVO Pro 1TB SSDThanks for the help.

ok, let me know the results of the reinstall please.

Richard, Computer Specialist