Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have found the answer before, but forgotten. How do you

Customer Question

I have found the answer before, but forgotten. How do you back-step in Windows 7, a keyboard button combination IIRC.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: Dell Vostro 1440
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Update of what?
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 2 months ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a tech expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

Can you please first let me know what exactly a "back-step" is for you? What are you trying to achieve with that keyboard shortcut?

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
In Twitter after composing a response, to a politician, I inadvertently clicked outside the response window and the window disappeared. I have made this mistake before and previously found a solution of using a key (or keys?) on my computer keyboard that stepped my back to the lost page.

Ah, I see! Please press ALT + TAB, in that case, that will switch between all open windows (also the ones you accidentally pushed to the background). Please try and let me know if that helped or if you were looking for something else?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, I do not want you to connect to me computer, no matter HOW secure you claim it is.

We don´t need to do that, this is just an auto-offer that goes out to all customers automatically, just ignore it and try my advice instead. Please report back....

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That stepped me back to the posts that I'd already made, but not the the open unfinished message window

If the window is still there, then you will get there with ALT + TAB. But you also might just have closed it completely, then you cannot get it back at all. Please try again....

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Message was not closed, as in SENT. The only thing that went on was the inadvertent click outside the posting window. I have tried you solution several times, to no avail. The previous solution I tried for this same problem worked, I should have written it down.

That solution works if the window with the post is still open up somewhere, but if you completely closed the window with your post, there is no way to bring it back, really sorry. But if you wish, I can opt out for another expert, so that you can get a second opinion on this?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Actually I was working with to different browsers, so the page was still open. Now, the cost of this servise was $5, why have I received a message sayiong $36?