Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

I have an asus x540la and I can't play dvd's on it. the

Customer Question

hello, I have an asus x540la and I can't play dvd's on it.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Asus? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: the model is x540L and the system is windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: yes, just yesterday my computer updated itself
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: my computer's language is in hebrew, but i can change it to english if he tells me how
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try opening Windows Media Player, then select the disc once you have inserted it and it has 'spun up' and been recognized.

Having selected the disc, play it with the > or PLAY button in Windows Media Player.

If you need to choose WHAT to play that is on the DVD, select the file on it named 'MENU' or 'START MENU' or 'DVD MENU', or the xxxxx01 file on it.

And if you don't have Windows Media Player on your Windows 10 PC, then you will need to download and install a DVD Player app onto it. Let me know if that's the case, and I will advise you further.

And - if, repeat if, your DVD drive on your computer is actually just a CD drive - you won't be able to play a DVD, not even read the DVD disc, nor copy it, on a CD drive.

-------------------------------------------------------------

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.