Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  CISCO certified, Microsoft proficient, computing expert.
30970729

I am having THE WEIRDEST problem with my desktop/Win 7 64

Customer Question

I am having THE WEIRDEST problem with my desktop/Win 7 64 bit. All day I've installed three different streaming audio recording programs; they install fine, but when I try to RUN them, the cursor switches to an hourglass for 3-4 seconds, then goes back to an arrow and nothing happens! I know my way around this thing and I'm stumped. I NEED this to work, now, though. I have a business meeting tomorrow that MUST be recorded, and this is the only working PC in the house.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I just realized that the problems started with my trying to install a new AV program this morning which was also unsuccessful. I have the error log from AVIVA AV if you think that'll help any? I am really really tired and really really broke, which is why even though this is such an important issue, I can't afford to pay any more than $30. I am on SSI and work as a part time freelance administrative assistant. This machine has been down for a few years, I have VERY LITTLE internal HD space left, only 3.9 GB and I have a LOT of Windows updates that I dont have room to install. I am TRYING to move a lot of data onto cloud services while I wait...to increase that so I can update Windows....
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

What processor is your computer using?

How much RAM do you have available?

Would you like remote assistance to help clean up the computer?

Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.