Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Lenovo error WHD00V00G-WMCYCl my computer keeps freezing,

Customer Question

Lenovo error WHD00V00G-WMCYCl my computer keeps freezing
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Lenovo? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Thinkpad 1143CTO S/N R9FTXW8
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: only MS updates as per critical
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: the freezing usualy takes place when I am watching live tv on my screen or when I am on MS web
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the version of windows you are using?

Please let me know

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Win 7.1 64
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Thanks

A lot of the time this is corruption on the hard disk, so we want to rule this out

To do so

Please click on Start->All Programs->Accessories, then right-click on Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator.

A black window will open.

Type in it

sfc /scannow

press enter and when it has completed, type in

chkdsk /r

Press enter.

It will give a message "the type of the file system is NTFS cannot lock current drive.

chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts y/n" Say Y, press enter and restart the computer.

Please note, while this normally only takes 10 minutes to run, it can take at times number of hours if windows encounters many issues. If this is occurring it is critical to let this complete as it means you have corruption on the hard drive that it needs to fix. Even if it looks like the scan is not progressing, it is, please just let it run to completion. Windows will then start when it has.

Then tell me how it performs please

Thank you