Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My son used my compuiter (his email address is:

Customer Question

My son used my compuiter (his email address is:***@******.*** but his site cannot be removed: it is still there when I try to access my emails. His is frozen on my computer and cannot be removed. I cannot even access my emails at: ***@******.*** He has phoned me to say my emails came up on his computer, and he could not get into his own emails. He has now rectified his computeer and it is O.K. but my computer emails still cdannot be accessed: his emails are still on my computer. Help. I am 88 years old, know the vasics, but am stuck.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I have a Coimpaq (H>P> model I think) a desk top, all in one. I think I am runing on Microsoft, but not sure. Sorry I cannot be more specific. I have a Norton firewall,: I click on to Cdhrome, then the Norton Safe Search "box"shows up. Below are a lis of (icons?) I click onto the envelope/email and get straight into my emails. No extra password ***** ***** to get into my emails, which I think is too easy, and not as secure. But works well. Thank you for being so quick with the reply. Hope this helps.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes. These updats seem to be installed themselves (I have Windows 10, which seems to have a mind of its own, and just does things without me asking it to do so. I just know the basics, but manage very well with my simple needs. You are being so helpful, Pearl.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do not think so. Hope this is enough. I have never known from which source updates, etc.,come. My son said to type my email mail address into NOrton search and I could get into site. This has not worked. He had trouble getting my emails off his computer/iphone, but managed to do so.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Do you mean the entire screen of the computer has frozen or he just cannot access his emails?

Please let me know